Gatwick Airport is one of the busiest airports in the United Kingdom, serving millions of passengers each year. One of the major concerns for travelers who drive to the airport is the cost of parking. In this article, we will discuss the various options for car parking at Gatwick parking shades dubai Airport and the associated costs.
Types of Car Parking at Gatwick Airport
Gatwick Airport Transfer offers a range of car parking options to suit the needs of different travelers. These options include:
Long Stay Parking
- Long Stay Parking is ideal for travelers who need to park their car for several days or more. The parking lots are located within the airport grounds and are served by regular shuttle buses that run every 10-15 minutes. Long Stay Parking is available at both North and South terminals of the airport.
Short Stay Parking
- Short Stay Parking is ideal for travelers who need to park their car for a few hours or up to a day. The parking lots are located within walking distance of the airport terminal and are ideal for picking up or dropping off passengers.
- Valet Parking is ideal for travelers who want to save time and avoid the hassle of finding a parking spot. The service allows you to drop off your car at a designated point, and the airport staff will park it for you. When you return, your car will be waiting for you at the same point.
- Premium Parking is located closest to the airport terminal and is ideal for travelers who want to save time and enjoy easy access to the terminal. The parking lot is covered, and the spaces are wider than regular parking spaces, making it easier to park and maneuver your car.
Cost of Car Parking at Gatwick Airport
The cost of car parking at Gatwick Airport varies depending on the type of parking you choose, the duration of your stay, and the time of year. Here is an overview of the current parking rates at Gatwick Airport:
Long Stay Parking
- The cost of Long Stay Parking at Gatwick Airport starts at £52.99 for 8 days and goes up to £93.99 for 15 days. The longer you park, the cheaper the daily rate becomes.
Short Stay Parking
- The cost of Short Stay Parking at Gatwick Airport starts at £5 for up to 30 minutes and goes up to £60 for 24 hours. The hourly rates are more expensive than the daily rates, so it is advisable to use this parking option only for short periods.
- The cost of Valet Parking at Gatwick Airport starts at £95 for up to 8 days and goes up to £195 for 15 days. This option is more expensive than other parking options but offers the convenience of having your car parked for you.
- The cost of Premium Parking at Gatwick Airport starts at £65 for up to 3 days and goes up to £135 for 15 days. This option is more expensive than Long Stay Parking but offers the convenience of being located closest to the terminal.
Where can I park my car in Birmingham?
In Birmingham, there are various options available for parking your car. Here are some common locations where you can park your car in the city:
- On-Street Parking: Birmingham has designated on-street parking spaces throughout the city. Look for marked parking bays along the streets where Car Parking Birmingham is allowed. Pay-and-display parking meters are usually located nearby, and you can purchase a ticket to park for a specified period.
- Multi-Story Car Parks: Birmingham has several multi-story car parks located in different areas of the city. These facilities provide secure parking options and are often conveniently situated near popular attractions, shopping centers, and business districts. Prices for multi-story car parks can vary depending on their location and proximity to city hotspots.
- Private Parking Lots: Independent parking lot operators offer private parking options throughout Birmingham. These parking lots can be found in various locations, including commercial areas, entertainment venues, and transportation hubs. Prices for private parking lots are typically competitive, and you can find hourly or daily rates depending on your parking duration.
- Park and Ride Facilities: Birmingham offers Park and Ride facilities on the outskirts of the city. These facilities allow you to park your car in designated areas and then use public transportation to reach the city center or other destinations within Birmingham. Park and Ride services are an excellent option if you prefer to avoid city driving or want to save on parking costs.
- Resident Parking Zones: In certain areas of Birmingham, there are Controlled Parking Zones (CPZs) that prioritize parking for residents. If you live within a CPZ, you can apply for a resident permit, which allows you to park near your residence without time restrictions or penalties.
- Electric Vehicle Charging Stations: Birmingham has embraced the growing popularity of electric vehicles. As a result, you’ll find numerous electric vehicle charging stations across the city. These stations often provide dedicated parking spots for electric vehicles while you charge your car.
It’s important to note that parking availability and costs may vary depending on the specific location, time of day, and day of the week. Before parking your car, it’s advisable to check for signage, parking regulations, and any applicable parking fees. Additionally, using parking apps or websites can provide real-time information about parking availability and pricing in Birmingham.
Also Read: Heathrow airport transfers – Stansted airport transfer – Gatwick airport transfers – Luton airport transfers
Parking at Gatwick Airport is an important consideration for travelers who drive to the airport. The airport offers a range of car parking options to suit the needs of different travelers, including Long Stay Parking, Short Stay Parking, Valet Parking, and Premium Parking. The cost of parking at Gatwick Airport varies depending on the type of parking you choose, the duration Tnf dubai of your stay, and the time of year. By understanding the different parking options and the associated costs, travelers can make an informed decision and choose the best parking solution for their needs.