Assam Swanirbhar Naari Registration | Swanirbhar Naari Application Form | Assam Swanirbhar Naari Scheme Implementation Strategy | There are some programs being implemented by the current administration to empower weavers, and it is breaking news to learn that a new initiative called “Swanirbhar Naari” has been launched in Assam State to support local weavers. According to an official announcement made, it is possible to acquire handwoven goods directly from indigenous weavers through a website. In this article, we will discuss the scheme’s objectives, eligibility requirements, and required documents, as well as the application procedure.
Assam Swanirbhar Naari Scheme 2022
The Assam Swanirbhar Naari Scheme was introduced on July 19, 2022. During the launch of the plan, the CM of Assam, Himanta Biswa Sarma, prioritized the handloom sector, particularly for indigenous weavers. This scheme will assist these individuals to expand their businesses and support their families financially. It has been stated that there will be an online website that will enable them to sell their goods on an internet basis with no intermediaries so that they can get the full benefits. This scheme comes under the department of handloom textiles and sericulture to conserve the state’s cultural heritage and promote people who have inherited this skill from their ancestors.
The plan is going to be carried out with the assistance of ARTFED and AGMC, and it will be managed administratively by the director of handloom textiles for the state of Assam. The government created the Assam Swanirbhar Naari Scheme initiative to conserve the state’s cultural heritage and promote people who have inherited this skill from their ancestors. The Assamese native weavers will benefit greatly from the web portal, which not only aids weavers but also secures their future through this line of work. Click to know more details about the Assam Orunodoi Scheme
Swanirbhar Naari Scheme 2022 Overview
|Scheme Name||Assam Swanirbhar Naari Scheme|
|launched by||CM of Assam, Himanta Biswa Sarma|
|Starting Date of the Application Form||Not announced|
Assam Swanirbhar Naari Scheme Objectives
One of the main objectives of the Assam Swanirbhar Naari Scheme is to financially help Assam weavers who work in the weaving sector to grow and support their families.
The government created the Assam Swanirbhar Naari Scheme initiative to conserve the state’s cultural heritage and promote people who have inherited this skill from their ancestors.
The scheme enables the improvement of the rural economy via modern technology and inspiration by providing a good work culture and access to beneficial resources and by boosting the production of quality raw materials and completed products.
Swanirbhar Naari Scheme Benefits
This scheme is an initiative of the handloom and textiles department, so its benefits are also very rich, such as
- This scheme will financially help the indigenous weavers.
- There will be an online portal so that the government can sell handloom products there.
- There will be no intermediary or middleman in the business of the beneficiaries. So that means the weavers will get an assured income.
- Since the Handloom and Textile Department is in charge of this program, it is likely that they will also assist weavers in other ways by equipping them with advanced technologies.
- This scheme covers around 31 hand-woman items belonging to various other communities in the state.
- This plan will connect the people who weave and the people who buy.
- Under this scheme after the products are bought, the government will sell them both inside and outside of the state.
There are a few eligibility requirements for the schemes, such as
- The beneficiary is an Assamese resident only.
- The recipient must be a weaver.
Swanirbhar Naari Scheme Required Documents
Necessary documents for the Assam Swanirbhar Naari Scheme are
- Id or Aadhar proof of the applicant.
- Proof that will ensure that the applicant is a resident of this state, Assam.
Assam Swanirbhar Naari Scheme 2022 Apply Online
As the scheme has been announced recently, the official link has also been revealed to us, which is www.dht.assam.gov.in/portlets/swanirbhar-naari. Till now the official website is still not working as the link shows that its portal will be soon launched from where weavers can get benefits.