Punjab Congress president Navjot Singh Sidhu attacked former chief minister Amarinder Singh during an interview to NDTV, and spoke about the upcoming assembly election in the state.
Here are the highlights of this big story:
- “When your Captain (Amarinder Singh) is a puppet of the rival then he is a gaddar (traitor). He (Amarinder Singh) is a jala hua kartoos (spent force),” said Mr Sidhu.
- “Sidhu stands for issues. We are facing a big fiscal deficit. The budget is of Rs 140 crore and Rs 75 crore is debt. Rs 25,000 crore is interest over it. Rs 18,000 crore will expire in June this year,” said Mr Sidhu.
- “Arvind Kejriwal is offering Rs 1,000 to 18-year-old, why not a 17-year-old? It is just an election stunt.” he said.
- “Captain (Amarinder Singh) ek bikau aadmi lagta hai aaj (Amarinder Singh seems like a man who has sold his principles),” he added.
- “How long will we stay behind closed doors? Tried telling the Captain (Amarinder Singh) but nothing happened,” Mr Sidhu said on being an open critic of his party.
- “Have I taken his name? Look at my patience. I have not spoken against anyone. Tell me what have I said. Hawai baatein (It is empty talk),” he said, talking about taking on his own home minister.
- “BJP will not win. Punjab’s socio economic fabric is tied to Panjabiyat. BJP chose the Badals, Sidhu chose Punjab. Sidhu has won six elections,” said the Punjab Congress chief on the upcoming assembly election.
- On the question of AAP praising Mr Sidhu, he said, “They have nothing against me. If there was anything, they would have let ED after me.”